Vietnamese Soy (sweet rice) - draft


My mom recently visited me in Chicago and asked what I wanted to eat. Immediately I had childhood cravings of her soy, which is a sweet sticky rice. It's a very simple sweet rice that requires minimal ingredients. 


Yellow soy
1. Soak grains overnight. Place 1-2 cans of coconut juice in the refrigerator overnight to harden the juice. 
2. Add mung bean. Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of salt. 
3. Scoop out the coconut juice into a small boil. You can also substitute in 1 fresh coconut. Add 2-3 soup lades of sugar to the boil and mix. 
4. Add to taste the coconut and sugar combination. 

Red soy
Recipe pending ... 

You can make the sticky rice less sweet and eat with a sugar, salt, peanut topping. My mom initially made the soy less sweet than I would have liked. She then created a sugar, salt, peanut topping mix and we used that as a dipping for the sweet sticky rice. It worked out well! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to parboil bones for a clean broth

Corn Potage Soup (a la Curry House!)

Rau Muong Xao Toi (Stir-fried Water Spinach and Garlic)