Japanese Chicken Wings

I decided to spice things up and tried a new Japanese recipe tonight! I'm in my fourth year of medical school and it feels like vacation! With all this newfound free time, I thought I would broaden my cooking and try other ethnicities! First stop, Japan!


Ingredients: 
3 lb chicken wings
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour for coating

  • SAUCE: 
3 tablespoons soy sauce 
3 tablespoon water 
1/3 cup white sugar 
1/4 cup white vinegar (or rice wine vinegar)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste, or freshly minced garlic)
1 teaspoon salt 


  1. Directions:
  2. 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  3. 2. Lightly add salt and pepper to chicken wings.
  4. 3. Dip wings in egg and coat with flour. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes turning once. 
  5. 4. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Pour over wings. 
  6. 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, basting wings with sauce often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to parboil bones for a clean broth

Corn Potage Soup (a la Curry House!)

Rau Muong Xao Toi (Stir-fried Water Spinach and Garlic)