Whole Food's Cranberry Tuna Salad


The combination of cranberries and tuna sounds so weird, but I promise you it's so delicious! The cranberries add a nice tartness to the tuna, and I usually pair with a bag of chips or crackers which adds texture.

I LOVE whole food's cranberry tuna, but it is so expensive so I decided to try a copy cat at home. It comes pretty damn close to the real thing and only a fraction of the cost!

Full disclosure - I saw this recipe on some blog. I would say it's a keeper. Start with the measurements below and add these things to taste.

Ingredients
- 2 cans of solid white albacore tuna in water (5 ounce cans - I usually buy bumblebee solid white albacore tuna but any albacore tuna will do)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries -- I like the cranberries so I tend to add more.
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
+/- sugar

1. Open up the cans of tuna and drain and discard the water.
2. Add the tuna and all the other ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. Use a fork to flake up the tuna into smaller bits.
3. Tastes better if it's made the day before and sits in the fridge. Add additional salt and lemon to taste.

*I sometimes leave a slice of lemon within the stored container for extra lemon flavor - it's also convenient for squeezing in extra lemon.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to parboil bones for a clean broth

Corn Potage Soup (a la Curry House!)

Rau Muong Xao Toi (Stir-fried Water Spinach and Garlic)